Jeff Divine at Crane Kalman


This weekend I had the pleasure of going to see Jeff Divine's first UK exhibition, 'Surfing's Golden Age - The Seventies Kodachromes' at Crane Kalman, Brighton.

Lovers of Divine's work will not be disappointed, his well-known images are all there, I did notice though, that my favourite one (the above image), 'Peace, Buttons Kaluhiokalani, Velzyland, November 1974' had already sold out in the 30 x 40" print size! But my second favourite, 'San Onofre Parking Lot, 1988' (below) was still available at £1395 - now where did I put that 'Own Art' application form?

The images really do look great in the flesh, though I think they would look even better if they where even bigger - a little hard to display though I imagine.

The exhibition runs until the 31 August. They are also selling copies of Divine's book, 'Surfing Photographs from the Seventies Taken by Jeff Divine' which has in it images from the exhibition.

Images copyright Jeff Divine.
Prints available from Crane Kalman and M+B Gallery, California.

No comments: